Saturday, November 6, 2010

Indie,Folk,Rock and Alternative: Easy Listening

I never really understood what constitutes easy listening, but I suppose its anything that is easy on the ears, or just plain soothing. Not too loud, but neither toned down to the point of becoming boring.

Here are a few of my favourites:

Alexi Murdoch, A Scottish artist who shot to fame in mid 2000s (but never really made it to the mainstream) remains largely undiscovered. Most of his hits have featured in American T.V. series and in some movies. He did a major part of the soundtrack for the movie "Away We Go"

I have this habit of pinning songs to "imaginary-real-life-scenarios" (like, sometimes you wish life had background music to it) and strangely, his songs fit pretty well.

Like  "All of my days", apt for the moment when  you finally get what you were looking for.


Here is one, that might never come to realize, considering my present predicament. But since we are talking of  "imaginary-real-life-scenarios" it doesn't really matter.
Imagine you have this amazing girl in your apartment ,or room ,or whatever, and you also happen to own this amazing Bose surround sound system then this is the song most befitting the moment.


For that occasional, now a days rare family get together, we have "Orange Sky"


Now, this is a very special song for those in longterm-long distance relationships, "Wait" 

Lovely lines:


"And if I stumble And if I stall 

And if I slit now 
And if I should fall 
And if I cant be all that I could be 
Will you, will you wait for me "



4 comments:

  1. YEAH, TRUE THAT. WELL I THINK YOU SHOULD ALSO COVER MILOW. THAT IS SOME BAND.
    AND IF YOU'VE HEARD PROCUPINE TREE. IT IS AMAZING. FLOYDISH WITH A METAL, HARD METAL RING TO IT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats the trouble, with this medium. I can go on and on, but the post becomes so long that you keep on scrolling down. It ruins the aesthetics of the blog. Anyhow, will cover all of them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. speaking of aesthetics... i like the new theme. But yeah... do cover porcupine tree... and i suggest the shins...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Will do!
    The trouble with the Shins is that their Discography is just too vast, its taking me too long to hear all of their songs, also I don't like most of their albums, so the shins will take a while.

    ReplyDelete